Social Research Workshop - So Much for my Happy Ending
May 02, 2012 15:30
The aim of this presentation was to discuss the protection of trafficked persons. Starting with an overview of human trafficking, the presentation would then delve into existing protection regimes and the different facets of protection. Arguing that the law enforcement perspectives have taken precedence over the rights of trafficked persons, the paper discussed in some depth the weaknesses of the existing international and regional counter-trafficking instruments with regards to the protection of trafficked persons. It then discussed other channels through which such a trafficked persons can be protected. The presentation feeds of Jean-Pierre PhD research and also include an information and discussions regarding the methodology adopted in the research (He seek to adopt a socio-legal approach to the project).
This workshop was organised as part of Research Skills Development Programme (RSDP) which took place in 2011-2012.
Research Skills Develoment Programme (RSDP): Workshops for Early Career Researchers
Coordinators: Ferya Tas (Social Science Workshops)
As part of the Research Skills Development Programme (RSDP) at LCSS, early career researchers (PhD students or recent graduates) are invited to present their researches in one of the workshop series that take place on a regular basis at LCSS.
The aims and objective of these events are;
- To provide an informal atmosphere for the researchers to present their works and receive feedback from their peers
- To develop presentation and communication skills for the early career researchers and students
- To have opportunities to meet other students and academics working in wide range of areas, creating an atmosphere for networking
- To help students and academics for their future careers
- To establish a database for researchers, academics, and students for the future events and networking
To send your proposals of for any further enquiries, please contact using ‘Social Science Research Workshops’ or ‘Natural Science Research Workshops’ in the subject space of your email depending on your interest.
73 Watling Street London EC4M 9BJ
73 Watling Street London EC4M 9BJLondon Centre for Social Studies (LCSS)